Re: [OM] New List Member Introduction

Subject: Re: [OM] New List Member Introduction
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 08:45:32 -0700
In a message dated 9/2/1999 John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

<< .....a pro doing lots of rolls with a 200 / f4. Now that has got my
attention! Welcome to the list Mike. >>

Thank you John! Actually the 200 F4 doesn't get used that much. The
Tamron SP 60-300 is what I use most of the time. I only use the little
200 for panned shots when the subject (car) distance is just right as it
is a tad sharper than the zoom. I am not yet successful enough to afford
the high end (but very heavy and cumbersome) fast glass that so many
motor sports shooters use. Big fast (and unafordable) Zuikos aside, the
lens I lust after currently is the Tamron f2.8 300mm with the LD 1.4x
and 2.0x tele-converters. Next would be a fast (f 2.8) modern zoom. One
of these days I'll grab one off of eBay or the like. I manage to get
pretty good results with what I have and remain dedicated to the OM
system, despite it seeming that Olympus is not dedicated to further
development :(

Interestingly enough, the motor sports photographer I idolize above all
others is Jesse Alexander. This past weekend at Monterey Historic
Automobile Races he was shooting next to me using an older N*k*n with a
modest (and small) zoom. I'm pretty sure it didn't even have a motor
drive. Some of the younger pro shooters with their 15 - 20k$ worth of
stuff hanging off of them probably didn't even know who this older man
with the modest equipment even was.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
www.motorsportvisions.com