Re: Sv: [OM] Slide projector sizing?

Subject: Re: Sv: [OM] Slide projector sizing?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 19:44:00 +0200
: *I* simply know too little about this area. But I am listening (read: reading)
: to what everybody says who might know more than I do.
: So, keep up the projector talk! :-)

Around june, 20 to june 22 this year there was thread about slide projectors,
you may wish to read the archives.
Many projectors are sold as 'kits' with cheap plastic low contrast lenses which
is like buying an OM-3Ti that is equipped with a cheap no-name zoom. The lens
that came standard on my Kindermann Silent 2500 is an example of such a lens,
reason why I have ordered (but not yet received) a better one from Kindermann
with a built-in aperture.

I'm not a projector (lens) expert either, but some tests that I've read (Camera
Magazine, Foto Magazine) highly praise the next lenses:

Carl Zeiss P-Sonnar 90/2.5 (the best according to CM 2-97)
Leitz Colorplan P2 90/2.5
Leitz Super Colorplan Pro 90/2.5
Braun Ultralit PL 90/2.4
Kodak Ektapro Select SS 93/2.5
Kindermann ISCO Projar 90/2.4
Kindermann MC-B 90/2.4 (built-in aperture)
Rodenstock Rodaplan Reflekta 90/2.4
Rollei Apogon 120/2.8 (relatively expensive, $700)
Docter Lumagon 150/2.8
Doctarlux 150/2.8
Doctarlux 90/2.4

hnz