[OM] (Fwd) BOUNCE olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Admin request of typ

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) BOUNCE olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Admin request of typ
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 00:24:56 +0000

Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 19:12:26 EDT
Subject: Re: [OM] alcohol
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<< The same process is used in the  preparation of
 industrial ethyl alcohol (from ethylene and water in the  presence of a
 catalyst) since again excess water needs to be removed to  get to the
 commercial  product which is 95 0.000000e+00thyl alcohol and 5%
 water.   >>

Before the annual Christmas party at the research lab I used to work at, we
would set up the fractional distiller unit and run the 95% through three
times. You might think that 95 0s 95% but it has a surprising number of
aldehydes, ketones and other junk in it. But when triple distilled, it had
very little taste, packed a tremendous wallop and left no hangover the next
morning even though people had consumed amazing quantities of the punch.