Re: [OM] Re: camera strap alternatives

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: camera strap alternatives
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 18:10:55 +0200
Harridge, Wayne wrote:

> Alex wrote:

> > Would you be able to feed a small length of plastic/rubber
> > tubing over the split
> > ring before putting the strap on?

> I have seen plastic tubing used.  What about "heat shrink" tubing, it would
> be very secure.

This would not help, because there is still friction between camera and
strap, while with tape there is no friction between camera and strap,
but friction between tape and strap.

That was long...

Regarding the material of the tape: I used electrical insulation tape as
well as clear office tape with no negativ effects.

Heat shrinking tube is good to cover metal parts on the strap, so it will
not damage cameras and lenses.

Regards

Richard