[OM] Thinking of more capability

Subject: [OM] Thinking of more capability
From: "Harrisons" <harrisonfamily1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 20:09:29 -0400
I am brand new to this list, but have been using a set of OM1's (3, 2
currently working) for several years now.  What I am missing is better
control of the internal metering.  Otherwise I am quite happy with the OM1
cameras.  I bought a box of mercury batteries just after they became extinct
in the US and will be set for many years, so keeping the aniques running is
not an issue.  Camtech has also been a good resource on bringing back old
bodies to life.

My question, possibly answered many times before, is could I expect
satisfactory performance from an OM2000 body and would I be better advised
to spend the ferocious dollars to buy an OM3Ti?    I understand the OM3 has
a more sophisticated exposure meter than an OM2000, but it it that much
better, considering I am nominally happy with an OM1?

All retail stores I have been to claim that the OM2000 is a beginner's
camera, not to be considered seriously.  From my standpoint it may be worth
the extra cost to enjoy a piece of precision machinery, even if all else is
equal.  From a picture taking standpoint, I have not exceeded the
composition qualities I made 30 years ago with a Praktica FX3, came close,
but not exceeded.  Physical quality of modern images, of course, is much
better.

Comments on my rambling message?

Dave Harrison,
Rank amateur