Re: Sv: [OM] Slide projector sizing?

Subject: Re: Sv: [OM] Slide projector sizing?
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 14:31:26 +0200
WKato@xxxxxxx schrieb:

> Thanks for the list. I have both a Rollei P37 and a Kodak AF. The Rollei has
> a Haminez zoom (70 to 120?) which is quite good but the Kodak is probably
> plastic. The Kodak gets the most use because of the stack loader so I need or
> cherish after a better lens.  Other than the Kodak, do you know which of the
> below fits Kodak?

Kodak is 52.5mm tube either with helical groove or focusing rack, this
lens mount is also used by several other manufactors as Simda and Elmo.
Most straight tray projectors have an 42.5mm tube with an helical
groove. Unfortunatly not all of the the 42.5mm lenses are
interchangeable, be it slight variations in diameter or different flange
distances (you can screw in the lens, but not deep enough to get an
sharp picture).

Leitz makes an adapter to fit the lenses of the standard projectors P/P2
to the new carousel projector with Kodak tube size (part# 37366). Maybe
other makers lenses fit too, try it out before you buy. BTW _all_ Leica
projectors are called "Pradovit".
There is no lens interchangeability between the old Zeiss Ikon/Zett
projector and the Pradovit P150, 300, 600, even they are the same
projectors. There might be an interchangeability between Kindermann
and Leica projectors (the old non-Pro models used to be made by
Kindermann until Leica bought Zett), so "P" lenses (the one used in the
Pro straight tray model) might fit an Kinderman projector as well.

Unfortunatly, AFAIK there is no lens combability list for projectors.
Anybody to volunter? ;-)
This reflects in part the low attention given to projection, which is a
pity, because an projected image has an far higher quality than any
print.

Docter (Doctarlux), ISCO and Schneider (Schneider no longer) are
manufactoring projecting lenses for 52.5mm tubes (but many of them are
also available for 42.5mm, as OEM too), but be aware, not all Kodak
projectors accept all lenses made for Kodak projectors. Older Kodak
projectors are made to use only focusing rack or helical groove, new
(Pro) models accept both. AFAIK Kodak lenses are made by OEMs, I think
I have identified Docter (the PC lens might be Schneider as well) and
ISCO lenses among there lens list in Europe.
I think the some of the zoom projecting lenses of Leica are made by ISCO,
which is a company specialized in projecting lenses (cinemas etc.) and
at least one I supose is made by Docter.

Regards

Richard