Re: [OM] Thinking of more capability

Subject: Re: [OM] Thinking of more capability
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 12:04:50 EDT
Dave H. writes:

<< All retail stores I have been to claim that the OM2000 is a beginner's
camera, not to be considered seriously . . . Comments on my rambling message?

I'm glad to see you are an independently thinking man.  To heck with the
opinions of those who don't use the camera.  Marketing is geared to get you
to part with your money!

I'd pick up a OM-2000 at the wildly attractive price they now sell for and
use it immediately for picture taking.  That way you can continue to save for
a more prestigious camera while taking pictures at the same time.

Here are my observations after about 4 months of using an OM-2000:
1.  It is an idea tripod mounted camera among OM's
2.  primarily because of the variable delay self timer, which
3.  offers mirror and aperture prefire without a 12 sec. delay.
4.  It is amazing lightweight
5.  with a remarkable weight/rigidity ratio due to tri-metal alloy
construction.
6.  At least my OM-2000 has very tight control over the film to flange
distance.
7.  The rubberized surface makes for very secure handholding.
8.  The overall simplicity actually increases ones attention towards "right
brain" artistry rather than "left brain" technicalities.

Point 8 is probably the best argument for recommending this camera to
beginner's - not as a beginner's only camera, but a classic design that
enhances photography as artistic expression rather than a craft.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV