Re: [OM] exposure for star photos

Subject: Re: [OM] exposure for star photos
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06 Sep 1999 07:35:50 +1000
Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and
spake thusly:

> Chriss, how do you scan the negs? Doesn't that result in the orange mask?
> I'd love to hear how to.

The equipment to which I have access is...less than stellar (npi).  I
use a 600dpi flatbed with transparency adapter, which limits my
resolution to about 800x600.

The software bundled with the scanner takes care of removing the
orange mask, and it does a pretty good job.

A mid-range negative scanner like the HP PhotoSmart does a very good
job---here are some examples that I happen to know came from a HP:

        http://www.mpgn.com/~rwm/portfolio/gallery.html

cjb.

--
 ------------------ Linux hackers do it in protected mode -------------------
 | Christopher Biggs - Software Engineer, Stallion Technologies, Australia  |