Re: [OM] Get Your { FREE!!! } Internet Stock Newsletter

Subject: Re: [OM] Get Your { FREE!!! } Internet Stock Newsletter
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 15:27:22 +0000
At 17:41 9/5/99 , Larry wrote:
>John,
>       I've already bounced them with software from the site you informed us
>of. Thanks

Larry,

Be *very* careful if using the "Bounce SPAM Mail" to bounce anything coming
through a list server to a mailing list (the Oly or any other one).  The
*complete* headers you get on stuff forwarded by the "list" contains the
path from source through the server to you.  Before bouncing it back the
headers (on what you get) have to be trimmed down and a couple portions
edited to make it appear that it came back from the list server, not from
you.  Same thing applies to the more recent one.  If you want to know more
about the mail headers coming through the list server, contact me off-list
and I'll send an example with explanations of what it all means.

No harm, no foul, the bounce-back might not "take" (register as a real
bounce) otherwise.

-- John