Re: [OM] OM2000 vs OM3

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000 vs OM3
From: "Gregg Iverson" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 18:41:45 -0400

Giles wrote:

> Harrisons wrote:

> A cheap camera the 4Ti is not.  I think it more correct to say that if the
> batteries die 'you' have left it dead in the water if you aren't carrying
> spares.  The batteries in my 4Ti have been in it for close on a year now.  It
> could be a year as I can not recall exactly when I put them in 8-)

They seem to go dead at the most inconvenient times too.  I have made it
a practice to change the batteries in my cameras on my birthday each
year.  Along with the smoke detector batteries.  That way I am
reasonably assured of fresh ones when I need them.

Another reason to consider the OM 4T is the OTF (off the film) metering
in flash mode.  If you ever plan to include flash macro work, this is
the best metering available.  You would then also have the flash
capability for all your photograpic needs.

You would also have all the manual functions available of course, and
the OM 4T is one easy camera to get used to! :-)

>I like the fully mechanical system, sheer prejudice from having other, cheap
>cameras leave me dead in the water with a low battery.  I also like the noises
>of the mechanical innards, feel like a human being thought it out and crafted
>it - irrational, but I like it.
> >
> There is nothing like an OM 1 is there?!  (Haven't tried the OM 3T)

Gregg