Re: [OM] OM2000 vs OM3

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000 vs OM3
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 10:05:49 -0700
From: WKato@xxxxxxx

> Favorite subject matter - flowers, especially small wildflowers in bad
>  light... Usually the little demons are surrounded by very bright or dark
>  and the exposure becomes a guestimate.

... TTL flash isn't as useful here as
one might think because the flower doesn't fill up the field of view enough
to give an accurate feedback of light to the TTL sensors...

Is this your experience, Warren, or just a guess? I've had great luck with TTL flash on flowers, if one doesn't mind the black background it tends to produce.

Also, you could always use the exposure compensation dial.

Calculating flash power together with bellows light-fall-off is tedious and error-prone, compared to thinking, "Hmmm, this little guy only covers a third of the frame -- guess I'll dial in a -2/3 exposure compensation."

Or am I missing your point?

: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>