[OM] Zuiko 55mm single coated lens and Big Stinky Flower

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 55mm single coated lens and Big Stinky Flower
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 10:47:35 -0700
Nice shots!

From: Hank Hogan <hogant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I photographed it with my Zuiko 55 mm single coated lens on Kodak EIR at
200 ASA using an UV/IR,  Schott, UG1 filter... The
Schott UG1 glass filter is a "black filter" almost as opaque to visible
light as the Wratten #87 gel used for infrared...

I'm curious why you didn't use the recommended Wratten #12 filter? I'm also curious how so much besides infrared obviously got through such a filter. My understanding of EIR is that it "shifts the spectrum" upwards, so if you don't allow any red light to enter, you would not expose the yellow emulsion layer at all. Did you have to do a lot of adjustment of Levels in Photoshop?

: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>