[OM] EIR Overexposure / OM-1

Subject: [OM] EIR Overexposure / OM-1
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 15:09:22 -0500 (CDT)
I just got back my first roll of EIR, and couldn't be happier. I am
blown away with the color, sharpness, and color shifts. Two things
occurred to me:

1)After shooting a roll of EIR, and a couple of HIE, I think concerns
over backplate dimples in the Olympus OM-1 are overstated. I've blown
several of my HIE shots up to8X10, and even with my 8X Loupe, I am un
able to find any evidence of dimples. Likewise with EIR.I'd still
like to find a flat back plate, but in the meantime, I'll be shooting
full speed ahead.

2) I mis-read the label, and exposed my EIR at ASA100, but the
mistake was caught by a sharp-eyed employee at the lab, who
recommended pullling the film one stop (E6 processing). Can I
generalize my results to my next roll which will be shot at the
proper ASA 200?

Further, I was so blown away with the color and saturation of the
"underexposed" shots (and underwhelmed with the overexposed shots)
that I'm inclined to shoot the next roll at 200, but bracket only at
400, reserving 100 for shadowy scenes. Any potential pitfalls with
this approach?

BBB
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel