Re: [OM] E6 Processors, Darkrooms and scanners

Subject: Re: [OM] E6 Processors, Darkrooms and scanners
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 16:05:22 -0600
At 02:45 PM 9/9/99 -0400, les clark wrote:
>In <008d01bef34f$f4a25d80$b7b3d6d1@pavilion>, on 08/30/99 at 09:25 PM,
>   "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>
>>In the "for what it's worth" column, when you're looking for
>>ventilation fans, find the quietest ones you can.  And put in more than
>>enough to change the air volume at least once every five minutes.  My
>>fan is too small and far too loud.  The drone of the fan is one of
>>those background noises that gets on my nerves after a few hours; I end
>>up turning it off and putting up with the smells, then running it when
>>I take a break to vent the room.
>
>Great clarion bells of agreement all over town!
>
>I have struggled with this problem for years. My solution is similar to
>yours, but it is a real nuisance. [An old fireplace axial unit.]
>
>The trouble is...where *do* you find a verifiably quiet fan?

I'd suggest "ganged" sets of personal computer ventilation fans, which always
seem to be on sale around places in Edmonton.  I figure a few of those at
fire-sale blowout prices couldn't be much more expensive than a high-quality
ventilation fan.  The bigger ones certainly move air volume, and they're quite
quiet.

Garth