[OM] :-) I got my 500/8 mirror...

Subject: [OM] :-) I got my 500/8 mirror...
From: Dylan Sutton <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 10:08:24 +1000
...or should I say it got me! Hahahaha, another poor soul consumed by
zuikoholism!
The lens isn't in perfect condition, probably only a 9+ externally and 9
mechanically, but only 8+ for the glass. The only problem the glass has is an
inexpert clening job at some point in the past, which has left some grease
smudges around the edges of the rear mirror, and a tiny scratch on the inside of
the front (glass, not mirror) element. Given a good clean, it will be almost
perfect!
At A$155 for a a genuine Zuiko 500/8 reflex, with original front and rear caps
and original soft case, I got myself a bargain! The dealer was pleasant and
friendly, and will probably be looking the OM-list up on the web after I let
slip our existance.
He has an OM4 w/ winder 2 and 50/1.4 that he is currently negotiating on after
it didn't meet reserve of A$450. If the buyer falls through he will be open to
offers after Monday, but requested me not to post his address yet - seems to be
an honourable kinda guy.
Now all I need is a 2-series screen (my 1-5 barely does the job) to use with my
new lens, and, and, and...;-)
Dylan