Re: [OM] the Feel: OM-1 vs. others

Subject: Re: [OM] the Feel: OM-1 vs. others
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 18:36:54 +0100
Luck Plan Cabal wrote
>This is an observation about the feel of the cameras.
>My OM4t, that I got used, has a great shutter sound and everything, but the
>advance is a little choppy...I played with, breifly, a beat-up OM-1.
>It's advance was buttery-smooth. Real silky...

I don't remember noticing my OM-2n feeling any rougher than my OM-1 (which I
don't have now) but it is much smoother than my OM-40, which also feels to
be more highly geared with shorter lever travel.

Leica rangefinder cameras lost the silky wind on feel of their earlier
models when they changed the gear wheels from brass to steel to better
withstand being motor driven. Have Olympus done something similar?

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx