[OM] New OM-1N and battery problem

Subject: [OM] New OM-1N and battery problem
From: Nicholas Lee <njl25@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 15:41:01 +0100 (BST)
Well I finally got my new (used) OM-1N with 50mm f/1.4.  Woohoo!

Problem is it came with a PX625A alkaline battery. (I guess that is what
can happen when you mail order.)

>From reading the FAQ I gather this is a bad battery to use.
  "Don't do it, as it could burn out your meter."

So the question is, what does this mean?  Has the previous owner ignored
this problem, or has the meter be modified in some way to handle this?

The battery has been taken out to prevent any possible damage.  So I can't
taking many pictures now, because I'm not experienced (beginner) enough
without the meter.

Thanks for your advice,
Nicholas