[OM] ....personalising your OM...

Subject: [OM] ....personalising your OM...
From: "claire" <clairetm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 23:51:18 +0800
Dear Z & Z's,
Anyone ever thot of /done customising your OM bodies with special types of
leather ? Exotic leather ? say, ostrich skin, aligator skin, snake skin,....
something like those rather unique looking red-leathered, green-leathered,
yellow-leathered  OM-1N's I saw in  a camera boutique here.... Someone
should go into this upholstery business for camera bodies... hmmmmm... maybe
in connoly leather just like for cars too.... !!! Come to think of it, maybe
I'll just pop down to one of these shops and get a piece of nice leather and
do my own re-upholstery....

If anyone out there has done it before, would  U be willing to guide me how
to do it step by step on my OM-4Ti ? Thanks in advance....

I'm thinking of zebra leather.(don't know whether available or not) . that's
really exotic.... black and white swathes against Ti top cover plate ......

or python skin.....

This should make us OMer's stand out from the crowd of polycarbonate
friends.....and create so much envy and cause such a great revival of OMer's
that Olympus has to come back and support us once again..........

I was reading one of the OMer's recent elation at getting a brand new
OM-4Ti... then discovering this leather peeling off ever so slightly in one
of the corners of the body..... I was thinking, why not rip it all out and
put back something one-of-a-kind......

BTW, why are camera bodies always black ? Don't look 'professional' enough ?

TMLee , Singapore