Re: [OM] Phoney OM-4T

Subject: Re: [OM] Phoney OM-4T
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 12:01:43 EDT
In a message dated 9/13/99 11:50:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> There are, btw, three other differences I know of between unmodified OM-4's
and
>  OM-4T(i)'s on the outside, besides the hot shoe and inscription on the top
>  plate: the self-timer/beeper off switch on the T(i) locks in the middle
> position
>  (you have to lift it to turn it to the right or left); the original OM-4
has
> no
>  such feature and you can activate the self-timer quite easily by accident.
> The
>  second difference is the little lever at the bottom that is operated by the
>  rewind mechanism of Motor Drive 2. This lever is black on the OM-4 and
> chrome on
>  the OM-4T(i). And of course the original Motor Drive Socket Cap and Battery
>  Chamber Cap were both black too on the OM-4 and are chrome on the OM-4Ti.

I also believe the rewind/ASA/exposure comp dial was redesigned on the
OM-4T(i). Also on the OM-4T(i) the battery check turns itself off after 30
secs. The battery check on the OM-4 stays on indefinitely. I still think the
best solution for this was the spring loaded battery check position on the
OM-2S.

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI