[OM] Loosing last frames on E6...

Subject: [OM] Loosing last frames on E6...
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:06:44 -0700
I have noticed a strange occurance now a few times where the last frame
or two I shoot does not come back from the lab. I shoot auto races and
blow through a lot of frames so I'm not always sure what the last few
shots are/were on each roll. I mostly use my OM2s with Winder 2. I shoot
Fujichrome Provia RDP II. On two occasions the last shot or two which I
know I took before the winder stopped at the end of the roll did not
come back as mounted slides (a good reason to do my own E6 processing or
request "develop only" I suppose). I spoke with the lab I use on
Saturday (when I most recently noticed this to occur) and they assured
me that they mount every full frame exposure...I'll have to query
further with a friend of mine who is head of maintenance there though.

Anyway, I wanted to toss this out to the list to see if any other OM
users have experienced this. My thoughts are that due to the camera
being so efficient on film perhaps there are more exposures than the
automated mounting machine in the lab can handle? How many exposures do
you normally get in an OM body with Fujichrome professional 135-36 film?
(I typically get 37-38 back...)

For now I am going to stop shooting at 36 or 37 on the counter when I
notice I'm there but would like to find this ghost. Thoughts and
comments will be greatly appreceated.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
www.motorsportvisions.com