Re: [OM] T32 for macro

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 for macro
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:06:34 -0400 (EDT)

   I use a T-32 all the time for macro work. I make a reflector that looks
something like this:

                       -------------------------
                       \                      /
                        \                    /
                         \                  /    (front view)
                          \                /
                            \            /
                            |           |
                            -------------

   The bottom end should be a little smaller than the crack between the
swiveling head of the T-32 and the main of the body so you can stick it
in there (leave at least 1/2-3/4" for this), and bend the "tab" so the
light from the head --- when swivelled up --- will bounce off the card
and cast softer bounce light onto your subject. Normally use a white card
material (not too thick), but I have also used same with prewrinkled foil
to make "dappled" sylvan light, and also gold foil, light colored
paper glued to the reflector (to match the naturally cooler shade), and
even reflectors with batwings along the sides for added fill effects.
Sometimes I will hand-hold it with a cord, or use one on camera and one
off, with the Duo-Synch cord.

                                 *= Doris Fang=*