[OM] a funny translation

Subject: [OM] a funny translation
From: "marc simon" <marc.simon@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 22:35:10 +0200
hi all,
some times ago Robert Ashdown wrote, about his meeting with Ulf Westerberg:
>Ulf was armed with two OM4Tis, one with a Tamron 400 with 1.4X (a neat
set-up, particularly with that bright screen.) After a half hour or so of
chugging along, seeing all sorts of stuff, we noticed an osprey heading
along the creek toward us, at about 50-60 feet above the creek (we have two
osprey nests in this area, one of them is on a mobile phone tower). <
 as you know English is not my native tongue so to know exactly which sort
of bird is an Osprey I used a nice little software called Babylon. Babylon
translate from English to French with a mouse "clic" on a word. So I
"clicked"
on "Osprey"...and the translation was "sorte de volaille" (sort of poultry
in English)..! I guess the Osprey would have been really angry to "read"
that..!
I have check in an Harrap's Compact for the correct definition...and send a
message to the makers of Babylon to preserve the relations between Ospreys
an OM users...
I'm awaiting to see this picture of Ulf
regards
marc