RE: [OM] IS A-200

Subject: RE: [OM] IS A-200
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 21:57:56 -0400
Chris wrote:

> It has been about a month that I've been waiting to hear about your
> pictures you took with your IS teleconverter and I just couldn't wait
> any longer. How did they come out? I had been wondering this since
> Last Fall's Photographica where I tried to fit one of those on an OM1
> and was subsequently scolded by the sales person. I kept thinking
> that "You ought to be able to do that. I wonder if anyone else has
> tried it."

Oops !  Thought I had put a message in about that.

I have really only tested it with film with my Zuiko 135mm f3.5 (makes it
~200mm f3.5) and it looks pretty good.  One of my test targets at the moment
is a silver birch tree trunk, which has some fine detail in it.  This looked
good through the 50mm loupe.  Other shots also looked fine.  The images are
sharp with no obvious vignetting.  Mounted on my 50mm f1.4 there is
considerable vignetting wide open (I was thinking it might be a good
portrait combination).

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Louvre/6152/