Re: [OM] T32 for macro...Lizards

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 for macro...Lizards
From: Alex.Hughes@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 10:40:58 +0100

This morning I decidede to attempt some photos of my pet lizards (Green Anoles,
Wall Lizards and Leopard Gekos for any herp fans). I used my OM20 and 50mm 1.8
wit a Hoya +4 Close-up filter (I haven't yet aquired a macro lens or extension
tubes).

In terms of lighting I left on the Vivarium lights (so I could see what I was
doing!) and positioned one flash with a slave unit attached facing down through
the glass lid of the tank, with several layers of white tissue. and used a
bounce head gun on the camera facing upwards. Because of refelctions in the
glass I turned the room lights off and drew the curtains and got as close as
possible to the tank...then a bit of food and ...action!!

They posed perfectly (I think the first flash stunned them a bit) abd I hope to
have got several decent shots (for safety I bracketed a couple of stops around
f8).

I'll let you know hoe the results turn out, but my question is to anyone who has
experince of phoographing fish/lizards in tanks for some tips that may improve
my technique?

 Many thanks

Alex Hughes

Important Email Information

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.It
is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is
unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended addressee please
contact the sender and dispose of this e-mail.