RE: [OM] Highland Games, Estes Park, Co

Subject: RE: [OM] Highland Games, Estes Park, Co
From: "Will von Dauster" <vondauster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 12:16:08 -0700
Hi All,

Clyde wrote:

<<>The person with the press pass and OM-3 was me.
>Will von Dauster

With that last name, I'd expect you to be shooting Oktoberfest ;-)

Clyde "MacDonald clan" Soles>>

Only if they have bagpipes!

I do sometimes wonder if I'm out of place there, but I think Dr Durward,
founder and President of the Festival was right when he commented that most
anyone with any European forbears probably has some Celt in their
ancestry...

All that aside, how could any photographer resist the spectacle of the
colorful costumes, pageantry, and (somewhat bizarre) games? The Festival is
a lot of fun, I would miss it terribly if I were not able to attend every
year. In some ways, it is like a slightly more serious Renaissance
Festival - which are also fun to photograph.

And on topic, the Zuiko lenses seem to handle the bright mountain sun on
high-contrast subjects better than most. I think I shot more pictures with
the 100mm than any other lens, followed by the 50mm f1.2, then the 24mm, and
almost none with the 35mm.

Will von Dauster

"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde