Re: OT don't get joke.RE: [OM] ....personalising your OM...

Subject: Re: OT don't get joke.RE: [OM] ....personalising your OM...
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 16:30:12 -0500
At 11:21 AM 9/15/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>>Err, will someone try to explain this to moi? Offlist, if you feel
>>everyone else gets it....
>>

>There is a real island called Corinth, but I don't know the actual
>association of the island with a particular leather tanning process. Mr.
>Altavista didn't know anything about it. It may have been just another
>marketing gimick of Chrysler, who knows? There are other leathers, like
>Connolly leather, used in Rolls Royce cars.

No, no, no -- there is no such thing as "Corinthian leather."  It was
advertising blather that was cooked up for Montalban's schtick and
supposedly sounded good in his foreign (but unidentifiable) accent. He told
jokes about this after the fact.

I am embarrassed that I know this but willing to 'fess up to end this
thread. Please :-)

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA