Re: OT: EPA regs was [OM] New OM-1N and battery problem

Subject: Re: OT: EPA regs was [OM] New OM-1N and battery problem
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 18:55:45 -0700 (PDT)
<snip>
Yea...add in GPS and gotcha! You were speeding with no one watching
(except for the dinky little doohickey under the hood). All that is too
much. Just computer controlled ignition and fuel systems are fine and
dandy. None of this Big Brother stuff for me, thank you very much.
I didn't know of the disabling bit, though.... There was discussion on
rec.autos.driving about something like that; LEOs (police) would have a
"jammer" type device in their vehicle. If a suspect was not pulling over,
electronically disable the vehicle.
Sure, all these things sound great, but IMHO, there is more to be lost
than gained.
<OM content: uhhh, hmmm.... Ah, tonight will be another astro photo night
:-) Went to sleep last night watching a star set behind a large tree.
Rigel, I think it was.>

/Acer "steppenwolf" Victoria
--
"Nothing left to win / And nothing else to lose."               --U2