[OM] Re: E6 module for flatbed scanner

Subject: [OM] Re: E6 module for flatbed scanner
From: wiliam.wagenaar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:09:27 +0100

Tobias wrote:
-----
>Does anybody have experience with such a module for a flat bead scanner?
>Does it give good results and do I have to take the image out of the frame
>when scanning? How does it work? Do you think I should go for the module?
>Please advise!
_____

Yes, Tobias, I have some experiance with that.

I bougt a HP 6200C scanner for a client of our company and it was delivered with
a small gadget just for this purpose. The gadget is a plastic triangle with an
open bottom and a 90 degrees top angle an about 6cm wide (just wide enough to
hold a mounted slide). The inside of it has a folded metal sheet acting as a
mirror.

It looks like it should only cost $10.

I tried it with one of my slides and the scanner it was supplied with. Without
any tweaking for colors/contrast i was able to scan at 1200dpi (600 optical) and
print it on a HP Deskjet 890C. It looked quite nice and I am sure with a little
tweaking here and there it could even be improved.

OTOH I tried to use the same thing on my own scanner (no brand) and I was not
able to scan a slide at all. I guess the scanner must be able to use this device
(light from lamp should be directed exactly straight up and should also be
collected exactly from above to us this device)

So if you know anyone with a new HP scanner as him/her if you can use it on your
scanner to try it out. If it works try to order one prom HP.

Good luck!

Wiliam Wagenaar
Middelburg, the Netherlands