Re: [OM] OM Web ring help

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Web ring help
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 20:24:48 +0200
Cc: "Clyde Soles" <csoles@xxxxxxx>
: Any of you HTML programmers know how to change the code for the Olympus web
: ring? On my site, it's currently opening the next link in the same frame
: instead of the parent window. I would prefer it open a new window. I can't
: make the modification using Pagemill and have zero interest in learning
: html. Thanks!

Yeah, I noticed that too when I went across all the sites that are currently in
The OM Ring (eight now, with John Hermanson's submission, one still in queue,
and two prospects) and came across yours. The only thing I can think of (but I'm
not an HTML expert either) is to add the 'target' parameter to each link, with a
value of '_blank', to open each link in a new window.

Example: you would change the line

<a
href="http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=olympusom;id=6;prev5";>Previous
5 Sites</a>

into:

target=_blank>Previous 5 Sites</a>

But maybe a HTML/Java expert will know of a Java script code to abolish the
current frame and make every link work in the same, but full-frame window?

Btw, there is still plenty of room for more submissions to the ring, don't be
shy, we won't hurt you.

OM Web Ring List page at
http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=OlympusOM;list

OM Web Ring submission info at
http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/webring.htm

Hans van Veluwen
The Unofficial Olympus OM Sales Information File
The Olympus OM Webring
http://www.veluwen.demon.nl (main site)
http://members.xoom.com/veluwen (mirror site)