Re: [OM] Calculator panel for T32

Subject: Re: [OM] Calculator panel for T32
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 21:06:13 -0400
The calculator panel has a captive slider that changes the ASA and in turn changes the F-stop scale that one of the 5 click-stopped positions on the points to. The 5 positions from left to right are Full manual, 1/2 manual, and 3 levels of auto exposure (non TTL-OTF). Also, the panel activates a switch on the flash in the upper left corner of the panel indent in all modes. BTW, in TTL-OTF the flash is set to full manual.

For Example here are the 5 aperture settings for a few common ASA's

ASA 100: 1.4, 2, 4, 5.6, 11
ASA 200: 2, 2.8, 5.6, 8, 11
ASA 400: 2.8, 4, 8,11,16

See http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif/flashphotogroup/t32.htm for a picture of the panel.

You could make panel copies for common film speeds, or just tape the little flash switch in the "on" position and set the flash slider to the far left position for TTl-OTF with an OM-2(n), OM-4(T), or the amateur bodies that support OTF flash.

Also, you might want to call Olympus in the UK or Germany or the US.

I've seldom seen the panels available on the used market. I did see the T-10 panels for an 80 or 135 Macro FS on a site for ....$40ea!

Good Luck,

Skip