clear skies was Re: California Humor was[OM] ...dirt inside lenses...

Subject: clear skies was Re: California Humor was[OM] ...dirt inside lenses...
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 20:54:57 -0700 (PDT)
>>>Seriously, I was glad to hear Acer say the sky was clear enough to
shoot stars.  When I lived in So Cal we almost never saw the stars clearly
except in winter.<<<

Well, since it is approaching winter (well, fall has yet to start
officially, but that's another matter altogether), the skies are clearer.
During the summer, all bets are off. Winter brings such clarity it's
stunning...and all this from my backyard. Imagine the skies from a desert.
The days here in the Inland Empire are quite cool nowadays, and quite
foggy too (doesn't burn off). Actually, I speak only for Redlands, and my
end of town (southeast--hilly residential areas, LOTS of greenery) at
that. Any interested parties can see Redlands by going to
<http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01/photo.html> and scrolling down to
"TerraServer" under the "Images section".
George, Warren, Gary, and Windsor may have totally different weather than
I :-)
Oh, I was lucky enough to shoot when skies were clear. It's getting hazy
now, so not a chance. All that haze ends up glowing orange from
surrounding city light (blasted Na vapor).

/Acer "steppenwolf" Victoria
--
"Nothing left to win / And nothing else to lose."               --U2