Re: [OM] Tri-X + Rodinal

Subject: Re: [OM] Tri-X + Rodinal
From: "Glen Lowry" <lowry@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 22:26:50 -0700
Hi Joel,

Other links you might find useful:
http://www.users.dircon.co.uk/~migol/photo/devframe.html
http://www.chris-iris.com/charts.shtml

Out of curiosity, why do you want to use Rodinal w/ Tri-X? Are you looking
for pronounced grain or some other sort of special effect?  I've used
Rodinal for awhile and I love what it does to slow films Agfapan 25 and
PanF+ at 1:25 or 1:50--it produces amazing sharp negs with nice contrast.
But I tend to prefer FG7 (at 1:15s) for HP5+ and Agfapan 400--great tonality
especially in shadow detail, lower acutance but finer grain.

Good luck. I'd love to see what you are working on if you can scan some of
the images.  To my mind there's not enough b&w talk around here--my zuikos
love monochrome.
Glen