eco lights was Re: [OM] New OM-1N and battery problem

Subject: eco lights was Re: [OM] New OM-1N and battery problem
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 11:30:14 -0700 (PDT)
re. swithing off lamps etc.
I would suggest that you look into compact florescents, a la Philips
EarthLights. Color (to the eye) is comparable to that od an incandescent
(golden hue), but it's still florescent (pictures turn out green...).
I managed to convince my parents to change all the daily/high use/living
area to those. THe initial investment was quite large, but the next
utility bill showed the immence difference.
the 16w model has output of a 60w incand. and the the 18w that of a 75.
There are also torchieres and other types.
ANd now that winter is approaching, you could put that IR film to good use
by shooting your house at night to see where the leaks are ;-)

/Acer "steppenwolf" Victoria
--
"Nothing left to win / And nothing else to lose."               --U2