Re: OT Re: [OM] Desiccant source/silica gel source?

Subject: Re: OT Re: [OM] Desiccant source/silica gel source?
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 01:26:38 +0100
>>You may have noticed that rice in your pantry does not get water
>>logged.  Rice is not very hygroscopic and therefore not a good
>>dessicant...

This reminds me of the time I tried to cook fried rice. I boiled it in a pan
until it was soft and the water had been absorbed, then added some oil into
the dry pan and kept stirring the rice to fry it. The result was a pan of
dry grains just as they had come out of the packet, except they were now a
bit greasier!

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx