Re: [OM] Tri-X + Rodinal

Subject: Re: [OM] Tri-X + Rodinal
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 20:57:50 -0500
At 10:26 PM 9/17/1999 -0700, Glen Lowry wrote:
>Hi Joel,
>
>Other links you might find useful:
>http://www.users.dircon.co.uk/~migol/photo/devframe.html
>http://www.chris-iris.com/charts.shtml
>
>Out of curiosity, why do you want to use Rodinal w/ Tri-X? Are you looking
>for pronounced grain or some other sort of special effect?

Outstanding links, Glen.  Thank you very much.

My reason for wanting to do Tri-X in Rodinal is that I have a bit of both
and wondered if there was a good recipe particularly with higher dilutions.
 I like BW for people and sports, and usually I don't mind a little grain
in these instances.  I'm in a pecular spot with this right now because I'm
going from development of the negs directly to the film scanner. I might
have simply followed my own suggestion to John Hudson earlier in the week
to shoot color and convert to grayscale in Photoshop, but I pre-visualize
color and BW differently and choose slightly different subjects, so I
actualize that difference of visualization by going to different source
films.  Also if I ever have a wet darkroom again -- which I am certain I
would only do for BW -- I'd have the film to go back to.

Thanks to you and to all who responded in this thread.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA