Re: [OM] Freon. See, I finally changed the topic!

Subject: Re: [OM] Freon. See, I finally changed the topic!
From: "earthlink" <catsmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 23:20:26 -0700
R134 operates at a higher pressure and consequently at higher temperatures
than R12.
There is no other cheaply made chemical compound that will do the same job
as R12, at least not that we are told about.
R12 was billed as the miracle chemical of the century when it was first
promoted, it revolutionized air conditioning, but the negative health
effects it has on people is catastrophic, someday the truth may be made
public about this.
I can't believe that so many people are taken in by the
FREON FARCE. The correlation that is made with chloroflourocarbons(CFC) and
the ozone hole is purely and totally fabricated by those who want R12
eliminated for reasons they would rather not be made public. I agree that
R12 (and probably all CFCs) should be eliminated, but not for the reasons we
are given.
As with all of these bad things, mercury, lead, nickel, asbestos, CFCs,
fiberglass just to name a few, they were necessary to build the lifestyle
and conveniences we all enjoy. But I believe the Amish have had it right all
along, they don't need or use this stuff, live simpler, work harder, and are
probably happier because of it, but it does leave photography out, they
would never allow the processing chemicals.
So if we want to bitch about mercury or anything else, then we probably
should give up photography all together.
Sorry I could not hold my peace any longer. The discussion just kept coming
and coming and wouldn't stop.
Forgive me, I don't get the opportunity to preach much anymore.
Catmaster