Re: [OM] Gritty OM-1 switch

Subject: Re: [OM] Gritty OM-1 switch
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 07:34:08 EDT
Dirk,
        my early OM1 has a sealed plastic cased switch operated by a cam on
the switch shaft. It is quite hard to imagine this getting gritty unless
maybe sand got in at the shaft where it goes through the top plate.  On the
other hand my OM1N has a gold plated printed circuit switch which has
relatively exposed wipers and a rather flimsy piece of printed circuit that
rotates when coupled to the shaft of the switch. Certainly the printed
circuit could wear and hence get "gritty" or get grit on it. If the plated
copper is worn or has grit on it, on the OM1N type switch it is  quite
possible it could become intermittent .  Seems like you should have it
checked. It is relatively simple to check but the pc type switch is easy to
break on reassembly if not aligned properly.

Tim Hughes
Hi100@xxxxxxx