Re: [OM] Re: If you think the Mercury battery was banned because of heal

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: If you think the Mercury battery was banned because of health co...
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 07:49:30 EDT
In a message dated 9/18/99 11:00:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  Now new toilets are made of
 1.5 gallons tanks.  Approx. one gallon flush will do the job.  The old
 toilets were 3 gallons.  Know tell me ,  do the 1.5 gallon tanks save water?
 When I first moved into my new house the toilet stopped every single time
 over and over.  I finally got smart and flushed it 3x strategically after
 evry use. >>

You should check consumer reports from a few years back for all the gory
details!
As you point out SOME BUT NOT ALL low flush toilets do a bad job. In
particular toilets which were not designed to be low flush and whose tanks
were adjusted to flush less don't work.
      Water usage went from about 3Gals in victorian toilets which had a huge
height (head) and were very efficient flushers to commonly 5-6gals 10 years
ago with lower efficiency flushing. I replaced two 5.5 Gal guzzlers some
years ago with consumer report recommended 1,6Gal  units and have found  they
work pretty well and save lots of water even with the occasional double flush.

Tim Hughes