RE: EPA regs was [OM] New OM-1N and battery problem -Reply

Subject: RE: EPA regs was [OM] New OM-1N and battery problem -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 12:27:51 -0400
<<Obligatory OM content: for about the cost of ten illegal mercury
batteries, you can get your OM-1 converted to use legal batteries,
which cost only 80 0.000000e+00ss than the illegal batteries.>>

Hear! Hear! What's all this whining about mercury batteries? There are suitable
subs available. Either convert to 1.5v or use Varta hearing aid batteries and an
adapter. We all probably spend more money on processing in a week then this
costs. If we won't make this tiny sacrifice, what hope is there for the human
race? One of the leading causes of pollution now  is "non-point source", a fancy
way of saying all the people who dump used motor oil after a DYI change, spray
their gardens with improperly diluted pesticide, or toss NiCads in the regular
trash are a significant and difficult to control pollution source. MORE OIL IS
DUMPED ON THE ROAD FROM LEAKING CRANKCASES THAN ALL THE EXON VALEDEZ'S THERE
EVER WERE.

BTW, I've got a .gov in my address, does that mean I don't get to have an
opinion?