Re: EPA regs was [OM] New OM-1N and battery problem

Subject: Re: EPA regs was [OM] New OM-1N and battery problem
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 18:58:36 -0700

Jan Steinman wrote:

> And as for the "all-powerful EPA" -- I haven't noticed them taking
> out any foreign governments lately. Seems to me the military has them
> trumped when it comes to being "all-powerful."

Maybe not, but they can keep Americans from building a house if there's
a GD **fly** for gawds sake that's "endangered" located on their land.
(True story, owner is fighting for his rights as  I write this.)

> You might like the environment, you might like the military, but
> please argue your biases on their merits, rather than some delusional
> "big government" theory. That is, unless you get absolutely no
> benefit from any part of the government, and therefore have no vested
> interest. Then, I'll listen. (I don't think such a person is out
> there, since Ted Kazinski got locked up. :-)

What the h_ll is this gov't doing for me?  Controlling our borders? Ha -
that's laughable.  Protecting our national security? Another joke - how
about allowing millionaires to line their pockets with the money of our
enemies and allowing spies to pass info to 'favored' allies - read
'those who contributed to the campaign.'  Protecting American's jobs?
Are you kidding?  There are no viable programs for training or cross
training Americans as thechnology forces change. No, the government just
raises and raises the limits on foriegn high-tech workers who are
basically indentured servants who work for less than American engineers,
so the millionaire company owners just **love** to hire them. (And don't
forget the flood of illegals from our Southern border who provide cheap
labor to the agricultural industry.)  Giving me equal rights? Bull.
Affirmative action makes being a white male low man on the totem pole.
And now, that corrupt b_st_rd, Bill Gates is joining in by giving a
Billion Dollars to the UNCF with a "whites need not apply" college
program. Why? Anyone think he gives a sh_t about whether blacks and
Latinos graduate college?  Can you say Federal Court?  Anyone noticed
that the nefarious liar has suddenly opened his pockets since he's
losing his monopoly case?  Anyone think this is to curry favor with the
gov't?  Giving a billion to the gov'ts' favorite charity - minorities?
Protecting America's future for my children and yours?  No way. The rush
is on to equalize the world, starting with lowering our standard of
living.  Anybody else out there with both husband and wife working, else
you go hungry?  Having an equal tax system?  Sh_t, there are some people
and companies ***mentioned by name*** in the tax code who are excluded
from paying taxes.  Married? Hey, you pay more taxes in our family
oriented nation.  Protecting our freedom of speech?  Well, that's about
the only thing they consistently do - especially if you're a
smut-peddling scumbag, or a rock band whose major lyric is f_ck.  Yeah,
I'm sure this is what the framers had in mind.  All this is spoken by
someone who at one time thought this land was worth defending and served
in the USAF during the Vietnam era. What a fool, huh?

> I am sure you view the military as absolutely essential,
> and above question, but given your views, can't you conceive that
> someone might consider YOU the parasite?

This is a grotesque statement. Without the military, where the h_ll
would we be now? The military is one arm of government which continues
to function reasonably well in it's mission - to keep the Huns from our
shores. And this despite the idotic naive rent-a-mob types who continue
to protest the existence of the machine which has PROVIDED THEM WITH THE
ABILITY TO PROTEST.     And despite the efforts of the lying SOB who runs
this country. The man who "loathes the military."  Has anyone noticed
that this left-wing peacenik has used the military unilaterally more
often to kill more people and with less provocation and FAR less success
than any of his "war-monging" Republican predecessors?

> Obligatory OM content: for about the cost of ten illegal mercury
> batteries, you can get your OM-1 converted to use legal batteries,
> which cost only 80 0.000000e+00ss than the illegal batteries.

I won't live long enuf to use 10 mercury batteries in my OM-1.  Been 22
years and I'm on my 4th.

> So what's the problem here? Just Do The Right Thing, and Quitcherbitchin!

Sorry, Jan, I gotta suggest you take your own advice.

George