Re: [OM] Film scanner on the cheap?

Subject: Re: [OM] Film scanner on the cheap?
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 03:02:14 +0100

and Chuck wrote:
>...So far, no one has addressed the other part of my original suggestion,
>the part about the need for a ground glass or other opaque surface on
>which to form the image.  I don't think the scanner could handle a
>virtual image floating in the air...

That's why I wanted to use greaseproof paper - translucent enough to pass
the light through yet allow an image to be focussed on it and finer grained
(possibly) than ground glass. You'd think the scanner's own light would be a
problem, firstly by fighting the transmitted light from the projector, and
secondly by causing a reflection from the paper surface, but when I plug in
my LiteLid 35 BOTH lamps stay on ALL of the time - even though it has a 17
pin connector! When scanning a slide with it, the scanner light neither
reflects off the underside of it nor does it seem to fight the light from
the LightLid - and the latter is not all that bright. Logic tells me it
*should* work, but experience tells me we've probably forgotten something!
:-)

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx