[OM] Re: EPA regs as flame-bait

Subject: [OM] Re: EPA regs as flame-bait
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 09:29:57 -0500
George S. wrote:

>> > Some of "us" on this list DO speak German and Japanese.
>>
>>  By ***choice***
>>
>I agree that this topic is flame-bait and should be dropped, but I'm sure he
>was not demeaning any German or Japanese PEOPLE, but what he meant, I
>believe, was that if the WWII REGIMES of those countries would have
>prevailed...  hence the language reference.  You gotta admit that you
>couldn't possibly support the policies of those WWII German and Japanese
>governments, I hope...

Sorry, I was being obscure by altering the context.  What I meant by
putting "us" in quotes is that "we" on this list are not all natives of the
USA, so that OT threads that are also parochial USA topics are sort of
rude. The list is graciously hosted in Canada and is made rich by
contributors from all over the world. And it works so nicely when we talk
about Olympus cameras.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA