[OM] Re: a camera emersed in salt water is gone it will never work accur

Subject: [OM] Re: a camera emersed in salt water is gone it will never work accurately
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 18:40:21 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, September 20, 1999 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: [OM] OM4T that took a salt bath - update

A camera emersed in salt water is history.  The mere fact that it fires is a
miracle.  I would sell it on ebay and perhaps you can get $200.00 for it ,
take the money and buy a mint to excellent for around $600.00.

There are thousand of parts inside and it would be tuff to find a legitamate
camera repair outfit that would stand behind the repair because they would
know the camera would not operate reliablly over  time.  That is why Olympus
puts an Angel in the instuction manual explaining the do's and don'ts of
camera's , in reference to exposure to water , etc , etc.