[OM] SUV Bashers

Subject: [OM] SUV Bashers
From: "Elmer Brum" <elmerb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 22:54:22 -0400
I have been following this thread about SUVs (sort of).  So here is my
piece.
I bought my an SUV last summer.  Prior to that I drove a Thunderbird coupe
for 10 years. Let me tell you a little something, I loved the speed and
handling of my Tbird, but when the snow came, the thing was useless!

The past winter, we had record snow falls here in Toronto (the Mayor called
in our army to help with snow clearing, but that is another story <g>).
While most of all the other cars where snowed in, I was able to get around
fine.  I ploughed through 3 - 4 foot show drifts without slowing down.

I don't think I would ever go back to a car.  As for driving, these
generalisations are unfair.  I could say many many things about drivers of
these small cars but I won't go there.

OM Content: I want to take a great shot of the truck this winter, (I wish I
had done it with the Tbird while it was new :( ) hopefully I'll find a big
field covered in a clean blanket of white snow.  Any suggestions?  I guess
this would be the right time to use the highlight feature of my OM4Ti.

Regards,

Elmer Brum
Toronto, Canada
[mailto:] elmerb@xxxxxxxxxxxx