Re: Apologies in advance: Re: [OT] SUVs, peace (was: [OM] New OM-1N and

Subject: Re: Apologies in advance: Re: [OT] SUVs, peace (was: [OM] New OM-1N and battery problem)
From: Patrick Giagnocavo <a222@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 03:42:57 +0000
george wrote:

> Acer;
>
> With LOGIC like this, I do hope you're not studying engineering.  Or
> statistical analysis for that matter.
>
> George

Chew Acer out all you want for his comments on SUVs.

A friend of mine's father is a former Senior VP at State Farm
Insurance.  Even though he is retired, he still subscribes to the
trade magazines for the insurance industry.

Acer is right that SUVs are more dangerous - and the detailed
insurance stats back him up.

A quick glance at the braking distances for SUVs, and a comparison
with other vehicles, might prove interesting as well.

I still believe, however, that it is my God-given right to drive a
Hummer, and I fully intend to exercise that right as soon as I can
afford to do so :-)

Obligatory OM content:  You can use a 21mm to get nice, dramatic
shots of an SUV :-)

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
a222@xxxxxxxxxxx