Re: [OM] Auto-metering anomaly on OM-4t

Subject: Re: [OM] Auto-metering anomaly on OM-4t
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 01:52:17 EDT
In a message dated 99-09-22 01:13:36 EDT, you , Mike Harrington, write:

> I was out shooting with the OM-4 at night taking advantage of the
>  auto-metering. I bracketed in full stops using the exp. comp. dail in the
+
>  direction. usually this worked out fine but on a couple of subjects the
>  second shot at +1 would be alot longer than the inital exposure. Example:
if

>  the initial exp was at roughly 10 sec or so the next should be 20, but
>  actually went on forever until I stopped it.
>  This happened omly twic out of 36 exposures. The contact sheets confirmed
>  that those frame were quite over-exposed.
>  So... does anyone know what happened?
>  My battery still checks out ok. Im a little perplexed.
>
>  Thanks in advance,

The exposure comp. dial is really the ISO dial. You might set it on manual
and test the 0 (no compensation) with the -1 (1 stop under.)  or set it to
100 ISO and then 200 ISO to see if the dial is dirty and compare the
settings. The usual cure is to use the dial more (or sweep it back and forth
several times to rub the oxides off).

Warren