Re: [OM] SUV Bashers

Subject: Re: [OM] SUV Bashers
From: Bob Sull <w8imo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 08:23:49 -0400
Elmer Brum wrote:

> I have been following this thread about SUVs (sort of).  So here is my
> piece.
> I bought my an SUV last summer.  Prior to that I drove a Thunderbird coupe
> for 10 years. Let me tell you a little something, I loved the speed and
> handling of my Tbird, but when the snow came, the thing was useless!
>
> The past winter, we had record snow falls here in Toronto (the Mayor called
> in our army to help with snow clearing, but that is another story <g>).
> While most of all the other cars where snowed in, I was able to get around
> fine.  I ploughed through 3 - 4 foot show drifts without slowing down.
>
> I don't think I would ever go back to a car.  As for driving, these
> generalisations are unfair.  I could say many many things about drivers of
> these small cars but I won't go there.
>
> OM Content: I want to take a great shot of the truck this winter, (I wish I
> had done it with the Tbird while it was new :( ) hopefully I'll find a big
> field covered in a clean blanket of white snow.  Any suggestions?  I guess
> this would be the right time to use the highlight feature of my OM4Ti.
>
> Regards,
>
> Elmer Brum
> Toronto, Canada
> [mailto:] elmerb@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> [WWW] www3.sympatico.ca/elmerb

I have two Thunderbirds.....  A '94 with the 4.6L V8 and a '95 with the
3.8L V6.  In Northern Ohio we get a lot of snow too.  I outfitted the
'94 with a set of Dunlop SP Winter tires at all four corners.  Neither
my wife or I experience any problems in the snow.

My daughter had an Explorer for three years.  She recently went to a
Mustang with the 3.8L V6 and a five speed.  We'll see what winter is
like this year.  She said she really never felt comfortable in her
SUV.....

OM content ----->  I carry an OM-1 in my '95 work T-bird.....

Bob
--