[OM] Re: George S. show me where on ebay a good woking 4Ti fetched $200.

Subject: [OM] Re: George S. show me where on ebay a good woking 4Ti fetched $200.00
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:25:43 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx <ClassicVW@xxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, September 22, 1999 7:42 AM
Subject: Re: [OM] Re: To George S / mystery man I do not appreaciate
yourremark or re...

George S.  It appears you just like to argue and this will be my last
comment on the 4Ti.  If that were the case , the salt water camera would
bring back at least $600.00 if you did not disclose it was ruined beyond
repair.  There is a law in the State of Texas that you must disclose an
obvious defect on merchandise , if known , or you could be held liable.

As far as you have many people in the batcave archives that have bought good
used OM-4Ti's for $200.00 or $250.00 .  Show me on ebay where a good working
4Ti brought that.

 As , you very well know when you set up an Ad on ebay most people write the
condition of the camera.  Some provide more information than others.  If in
the event no one states anything other than model , I would think it would
make sense to ask questions before bidding.

Unlike you , I beleive in ebay's policy that "most people are good working
honest people"  It is obivious with your negativity , you do not.

Now here's a question to you , Dear George.  If a person buys knownly, a
OM-4Ti in good working order from someone who does not know the value of it
and pays $250.00 (at a garage sale , for example)  for it and receives it.
Is there anything moraly wrong with this?  Wouldn't you be taking advantage
of the unknowing victim whom is selling it?  You could at least tell the
person , look I am stealing your camera from you are you sure you want to
sell it for $250.00 when you could get $500.00 on ebay.

What would you do?   and where does it end!  I think I know your answer!
Remeber I said "I think" .  One more question what do you think about the
new OM-4Ti's selling for $1,000.00 and do you think they are worth the
money?

Thanks for your reply:  Sam Morales