Re: [OM] SUV Bashers

Subject: Re: [OM] SUV Bashers
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 08:40:53 -0700
Yes, I'm really tired of the SUV thread and some of the truly idiotic
generalizations that have been made about the twits who drive SUVs.  I'm
sorry I let myself get sucked into it.  Elmer you are a great example of
the truth.  Thanks for ringing in.

Elmer Brum wrote:

> I have been following this thread about SUVs (sort of).  So here is my
> piece.
> I bought my an SUV last summer.  Prior to that I drove a Thunderbird coupe
> for 10 years. Let me tell you a little something, I loved the speed and
> handling of my Tbird, but when the snow came, the thing was useless!
>
> The past winter, we had record snow falls here in Toronto (the Mayor called
> in our army to help with snow clearing, but that is another story <g>).

Not to start another thread, but this is typical of most areas I know of
last year, the weather I mean.  And then, here in N Cal this year, we
had no summer.  Yet, the Al Gores keep saying it's warmer than ever in
history.  My question: on what planet?

> While most of all the other cars where snowed in, I was able to get around
> fine.  I ploughed through 3 - 4 foot show drifts without slowing down.
>
> I don't think I would ever go back to a car.  As for driving, these
> generalisations are unfair.  I could say many many things about drivers of
> these small cars but I won't go there.

You are right of course, Elmer.

> OM Content: I want to take a great shot of the truck this winter, (I wish I
> had done it with the Tbird while it was new :( ) hopefully I'll find a big
> field covered in a clean blanket of white snow.  Any suggestions?  I guess
> this would be the right time to use the highlight feature of my OM4Ti.

If you use highlight, be sure to spot on the brightest snow first.
Alsoc try +2/3 and +1 1/3 as well. Bracket, you know, especially with
slide film.  Also, snow can take on some great colors at sunset.

George