[OM] photo class

Subject: [OM] photo class
From: Joey Richards <bigjoe@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 20:13:13 -0400
I have just started taking a photography class -- very nice way
to get a humanities credit for those of us who, in true MIT
fashion, don't enjoy writing papers very often.  :-)  It's
a basic intro to b&w photography and will introduce darkroom
techniques.  That is really why I got excited about it -- I've
never before had a chance to do that and at last I will learn
how to make my own prints.

Today was the "getting to know your camera" day.  The amount
of knowledge I managed to pick up over this past summer really
astounded me... it was nice to know that I didn't spend three
months learning things that everyone else who owns a camera
knows innately. :-)  Many thanks to those on this list who have
provided so much of that info.  :-)

Most of the cameras in the class were Nikon/Canon, surprise
surprise, with a Pentax K1000 and some other Pentax... I whipped
out the OM-1n fully expecting to be the only Oly in the room
when the corner of my eye caught the familiar OLYMPUS lettering
on the front of a camera across the room.  It turned out to be
an OM-1 one of the students is borrowing from her father...
What's more, both her and my OMs sport SC 50mm/1.4's and both
appear to be in damn fine shape.  I was somewhat surprised
by this coincidence... perhaps I shall have to point her to
this list.  I did offer to give her the OM-1 manual copy that
came with my 1n, so I'm being a good little Zuik and helping
someone down the road to addiction.  :-)

...now I just need to come up with some $$ to fund my own
desires... fortunately, though, 50mm is a good lens to own
for this ADITL :-)

joey